Open Application Program
Proposals for Open Application Program are still accepted. However, due to the spread of Covid-19 and the policy of Japanese government, JST has not been implementing invitation programs.
Sakura Science Exchange Program invites aspiring youth for a short period of time and promotes the exchange in the field of science and technology.
Individual application cannot be accepted. Overseas and Japanese organizations jointly plan the program, and the Japanese organization sends applications to JST within the designated period.
During the Application period, there are 4 deadlines to screen the application documents.
Schedule for FY2021 is under consideration.
Eligibility Criteria for the program
1. Countries or regions for invitationBasically, all countries and regions are eligible for invitation.
2. Requirements for invitees
The invitee must meet the following requirements when coming to Japan.
- (1) Affiliation / Age
- (i) High school students, Technical college students
(ii) University students, Graduate students, Postdoctoral fellows, Faculty members, and persons who are engaged in work related to science and technology at public institutions and are below 40 years old.
- (2) Experience of staying Japan
- In principal, invitation by Sakura Science Exchange Program must be the first stay Japan for the invitee.