Open Application Program
Sakura Science Plan invites aspiring youth for a short period of time and promotes the exchange in the field of science and technology.
Application for FY2019 is open until November 6, 2019 Please submit the application form through Japanese host organization. Individual application cannot be accepted. Overseas and Japanese organizations jointly plan the program, and the Japanese organization sends applications to JST within the designated period.
|Acceptance start||Deadline||Result notification||Invitation period|
|1||January 30 (Wed)||March 4 (Mon)||Middle of April||Since end of May ~ March 15, 2020|
|2||March 5 (Tue)||June 3 (Mon)||Middle of July||Since end of August - March 15, 2020|
|3||June 4 (Tue)||September 2 (Mon)||Middle of October||Since end of November ~ March 15, 2020|
|4||September 3 (Tue)||November 6 (Wed)||Middle of December||Since end of January, 2020 ~ March 15, 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for the program
1. Countries or regions for invitation
* The process of agreement with some countries has not been completed (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru), and please be aware that there may be changes such as the invitation time and duration even if selected.
2. Requirements for invitees
The invitee must meet the following requirements when coming to Japan.
- (1) Nationality
- The invitee must have the nationality of the country or region shown above, or the passport issued by these countries or regions.
- (2) Affiliation / Age
- (i) High school students, Technical college students
(ii) University students, Graduate students, Postdoctoral fellows, Faculty members, and persons who are engaged in work related to science and technology at public institutions and are below 40 years old.
- (3) Experience of staying Japan
- In principal, invitation by SSP must be the first stay Japan for the invitee.